Saturday, October 12, 2013

Where Have I Been?

Hello everyone. It has been sometime since I have posted on facebook and been a part of the social world (including my own personal page). I basically just kinda vanished off the face of the earth. As far as A Simple Touch Photography goes, I am still in business. I just had an extended break. Where have I been you ask?

May 2nd was the last time I posted anything as far as the business goes. May 3rd, I woke up took my babies to school and within 3 minutes of leaving the school I was side swiped by a Dodge Ram 1500 construction truck with a push bar on the front. (I was in my grandfather's Chevy Malibu.) He ran the red light because he was on his cell phone.

Being 22 weeks pregnant the morning of the accident, I was taken by ambulance to the ER where both the baby and I were cleared. (Although no real testing could be preformed other than ultrasound and just feeling around to make sure nothing might be broken) I then began going to the chiropractor up to four times a week. I have had problems with walking, standing, and sitting. I cant do any of those for a length of time. I have to keep moving. Dr's tried to tell me that it was my sciatic nerve, or the baby was just sitting in an odd spot causing discomfort. Toward the end of my pregnancy I couldn't tell the difference between contractions and the pain I had been feeling all along. The epidural I was given also didn't work. Because of my spine being compressed the anesthesiologist had to put the epidural 2 inches higher than a normal one, and when she did, she still had to puncture through something to get it in. Once I was hooked up with the epidural because of it going higher into my spine, it numbed me from the chest down making it hard to breathe. Since giving birth, I now know that the pain I was in for the last months of my pregnancy were not just pregnancy related but they are in fact from the car accident.

Today in this present time, I am not fully ready to go out full blast and full force however,  I do plan on giving all I can to the clients that have been loyal to me and my company. I miss capturing memories. So within just a few weeks I will be back to working and doing what I love doing.

So with that, stay tuned because within the next few weeks I am hoping to have a few small things posted!

Leanne

PS - Meet Anthony =D


No comments:

Post a Comment